welcome to livarp_0.4
livarp is a DEBIAN WHEEZY based distro.
livarp try to take the best part of available Debian GNU/Linux applications to run on small configuration without loosing accessibility or design.
special attention was paid to the documentation and livarp-help-center to let you discover the easiest way these 12 window managers.
livarp can handle PIV with 256M ram but is better with 512M ram. higher config are just bonus :).
- livarp is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian Wheezy and built with the Debian Live project.
- livarp is available in iso-hybrid format for cd/usb use with i386 or amd64 machine.
- livarp is delivered with kernel 486/686-pae
- made by arpinux : email@example.com
- light, fast and stable: livarp is based on Debian Wheezy, one of the most stable distro atm..
- anynoob-inside livarp is made for every user that can read and want to discover alternatives window-managers.
- 12 sessions available from live to install: dvtm, vtwm, dwm, dwm_reloaded, spectrwm, ratpoison, awesomewm, evilwm, pekwm, wmfs, fluxbox and openbox.
- livarp-xs-maker, this script transform your livarp in livarp-xs (mono-session) by removing all unneeded sessions.
- livarp help center, a complete documentation available locally in your distribution.
- livarp "clickme's", some script that allow you to easily install soft-packs.
- composite managment with xcompmgr.
- no graphical session-manager: your session is launched from tty by startx, then a clean dmenu popup to let you choose your session.
- auto-mounting handled by udisks-glue with dzen2 notifications.
- gnome-network-manager for network-management.
- terminal: urxvtc/d
- file-manager: rox-filer - ranger - mc
- web-browser: firefox - elinks2
- text-editor: geany - vim
- office: evince - calcurse
- graph: gthumb- gcolor2
- tchat: weechat
- mail: claws-mail
- ftp: filezilla
- torrent: transmission
- media: gnome-mplayer - mocp - xfburn - oggconvert - winff
- infos system: conky - htop - hardinfo
- auto-mount: udisks-glue
- utils: catfish - ncdu - pyrenamer - file-roller - fslint
- system: synaptic - gparted - gdebi
- menus: fbpanel - ratmenu - dmenu
- panels: lxpanel - tint2
- misc: xscreensaver - dzen2 - arandr
- all non-free stuff removed
- linux-libre kernel available after install
- iso-hybrid format for cd/usb use
- zsh as default shell
- new gtk2/3 theme & wallpapers
- improved conky's
- new vim colorscheme
- add advanced preview tools for ranger cli file-manager
- clickme's : some scripts to easily install soft-packs
- firefox as default web browser
- grandr replaced by arandr
- gpicview replaced by gthumb as default image viewer
- brasero replaced by xfburn
- basic firewall handled by iptables init.d script
- added: gdebi, calcurse, mc, ratmenu, oggconvert, winff, fslint & vrms
- removed: abiword/gnumeric, zenity, compiz-deskmenu, conky-switcher, tabdock & mcabber
- new sessions: dvtm, ratpoison, dwm(pure), openbox & spectrwm
- removed sessions: echinus & compiz-stand-alone
- ... and some more :)
build your own livarp
if you want to build your own livarp (for example to have a 64bits release as i can't build it myself), follow this little howto (for Debian Wheezy system):
- install dependancies:
# apt-get install git live-build live-tools
- clone livarp repository:
$ git clone git://gitorious.org/livarp/livarp_04.git
- browse livarp_04 directory and customize as you like. ex: to make a livarp_04_64bits, replace "i386" by "amd64" on the "architecture" options in the livarp_04/auto/config script.
you could also remove 486 kernel on the "linux-flavours" options in the same script.
- once modification saved, you can start build process:
$ cd ~/livarp_04 && sudo lb build
- you should end up with a "binary.hybrid.iso" file. burn it or put on an usbdisk and enjoy your own livarp release.
livarp is not a 'real' distro... it's a wm's testing machine built on my free time :)
there is no dedicated forum, but feel free to contact me if you need help or have ideas to improve livarp.
take a look at the topbar to mail me or join the #livarp irc channel on freenode.